My pops

Yesterday marked 3 years since my dad passed away. I didn't necessarily want to talk about it or bring it up on social media. I figured I should acknowledge it somehow since a lot of my family is on Facebook. But it felt more like an obligation then something that I wanted to do.

Don't get me wrong, I miss my dad but I didn't want to keep opening a wound. Sometimes the week leading up to his death anniversary, there is a lot of talk of all the suffering he went through. That's something I really don't want to remember, it was awful. But mostly it was awful for my mom. And I feel like she's being tormented by the memories of all the pain and not remembering the good times she spent with my dad. My mom tends to be a little morbid and that leads to anxiety and depression and I want her to change that. Obviously, everyone grieves differently, some grieve faster than others. Some just grieve all their lives and to each it's own. I don't want to impose my grieving process on others but I would like to help change people's perspectives.

Death is a horrible thing. But what has helped me cope all these years is the hope I have in a promise found in the Bible. I know that my father will be resurrected. I have so much faith in Jehovah God and Jesus that it has helped me cope in one of the worst times of my life. Sure, I get sad and cry every once in a while, at real random times too. That pain doesn't go away, it doesn't necessarily get better either, but you learn to cope with it. I know there is a better future, right now is just temporary. It may seem like a long time, but it's going to end soon. That's a fact.

If you want to know more about resurrection, please click here: What is the Resurrection?

Comments

Popular Posts